Pages

Monday 12 May 2014

#BEDM - Walk to Work Week



Today's prompt for Blog Every Day in May is 'walk to work week'. I would love to be able to walk to work - getting stuck in traffic is pretty much my idea of hell, so the idea of having the freedom of walking is very appealing. Sadly I live a little bit too far away, and am generally carrying a little bit too much stuff (think big laptop and various folders).

As an alternative I've decided to name this 'Walk after Work Week'. I've started making a habit of this for the last couple of weeks. I don't live in the countryside (yet!) but have some pretty beautiful fields and forest within a stones-throw of my house and I've found a 20 - 30 minute walk can help de-stress me a lot.

I decided to take some  photos on my last walk, which actually helped me to relax even more, and appreciate the little pieces of beauty (unfortunately the photos were taken on my phone, so a big sorry for the quality...I'll take my camera on the next walk!). The top photo was taken on the walk as the sun was setting through the trees, and here are some more...

This is the path I walk up - I love how the trees have formed a tunnel...


There are gaps in the trees to the left with views like this...


And more horses (so cute!)...


And lastly - towards the end of the walk...this beautiful tree!


So if you can't walk to work (or there is no work to walk to) get out there for a little stroll anyway - take some snaps of the little things you might not normally notice and enjoy every moment.

There's no motiff Monday for this week, as I'm a bit consumed with other crafty projects this week - but normal service will resume next week!

Bye for now
Kat xx


No comments:

Post a Comment