Pages

Monday 19 May 2014

#BEDM - The best things about being an adult



The Blog Every Day in May prompt for today is 'Best thing about being an adult', so I thought I'd put together a little top 5 reasons why being an adult is all kinds of cool...although as you'll discover later this week, I also get incredibly nostalgic about childhood! On the surface adulthood can be full of stress and responsibility, but there are some little pieces of joy to be found...

1. Home Sweet Home - I love having my own place! That's not because living with my family wasn't great but there's something totally amazing about having my own space which I can decorate as I choose

2. Coffee and alcohol (and alcohol in my coffee!)..not that I indulge too often, but it's nice to have the option

3. Maturing relationships - as I'm getting older I'm definitely seeing changes in my relationships - I take a lot more time to really get to know and understand people and the relationships I have with family and friends mean a lot more to me

4. Freedom to explore the world on a larger scale - childhood exploration can be limited to a local woodland, but as an adult there is more freedom to jump in a car or hop on a place, and get yourself somewhere completely new to explore - I want to make it a priority to do more of this over the next couple of years

5. You can eat a whole swiss roll  (a long cake for anyone not familiar!) anytime and no-one can tell you off - reason number 5 comes from my boyfriend - apparently the moment he realised he could eat a whole cake without anyone telling him off was the moment he realised he was an adult. Thankfully he doesn't choose to do this, or I might worry about his health!

Have I missed any? Let me know in the comments if I have!

Bye for now
Kat xx

No comments:

Post a Comment