Pages

Friday 23 May 2014

#BEDM - Date Night

I've spent a significant portion of today sat in a car in traffic jams....welcome to bank holiday weekends in the UK. 


Unfortunately this has left little time for a date night, but does leave me feeling like hiding under a blanket and watching a film (and lets face it, that is a pretty awesome date night activity). This leaves the dilemma of what film to watch, so here are my absolute favourite date night movies (with no spoilers, just reasons why I love them) in case you haven't seen them already.




Failure to Launch was an unexpected favourite of mine...partly because it features Matthew McConaughey, Zooey Deschanel and Bradley Cooper who are some of my favourite people, but also because it has some seriously quirky moments which are quite rare for rom coms.




Midnight in Paris is a beautiful film. I'm not necessary a fan of Woody Allen, but love how these film is directed, think Owen Wilson is really engaging...and it contains The loveliness of Tom Hiddleston which is always a bonus.




Well Dirty Dancing is just a classic - I'm not sure what else I can say. Perfect in every way and I love it dearly.




I toyed between choosing Notting Hill or Love Actually but the tale of love between a Hollywood star and a book shop owner won in the end. There are lots of parts of the film I love - but the scene in the walled garden is one of my favourite moments from a romantic film. Oh, and Spike - I love Spike.




I saved my absolute favourite until last. This story about love may have a more bittersweet feel than your traditional date night film, but the telling of the relationship between Joseph Gordon Levitt and Zooey Deschanel's characters is so beautifully acted and engaging that I can literally watch this again and again...and again.


Have I missed any? If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment