Pages

Wednesday 21 September 2016

Tutorial Tried and Tested - Crochet Face Scrubbies


My skin care regime means that I get through a lot of cotton wool each week and I've been meaning to have a go at crocheting an alternative for ages! My crochet skills are still very much at beginner level but I thought I'd have a go at making some when I found a tutorial over at 'dabbles and babbles'.


I found the pattern (which is completely free) really easy to follow and although I lost my way a few times (I'm still not very skilled at circles and keeping track of where I am...I'm putting it down as a concentration issue!) they all came out pretty much round - which is an actual miracle!

Each one took me about 30 minutes to make - so they've been a perfect mini distraction each evening.

Perhaps most importantly of all - they totally work! I've been using them with my cleanser each night and my skin feels fresher than ever - perfect! I've got a jar to keep them in and a little zip-up bag to put them in to be washed, and so far the system is working perfectly.

So...better for the environment, better for my face and a relaxing little tutorial to try - perfect!

Here are my finished scrubbies, made from a selection of 100% cotton wool I had in my stash...


Bye for now! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment