Pages

Monday 26 September 2016

September is Happy Cat Month!


Did you know that September is Happy Cat Month? We're always on the hunt to keep our kitties entertained and so I thought I'd share some of our favourite cat enrichment items as I'm sure there are some other cat-fanatics out there. Our two kitties (that's Bob in the photo) are indoor cats and so it's really important that we make sure they have a few items around to keep their brains active.

I'll link to the items on Amazon, but I'm not affiliated and I'm sure you can get them in lots of different pet shops!

Click on to read more if you're a crazy cat lady/ guy like us!





The first item is the Catit Massage Centre . The cats absolutely love rubbing their faces on the spiky green patches on either side of the top section. Also - you see that little green bit at the top? That's a little rubber attachment and they chew the crap out of it. Seriously. We've had to replace it because they chewed it so much.



Next up is the Yeowww Banana. I bought this on a whim one day and was bemused by the effect it had. I mean..my cats love catnip...to the point where I do wonder if I'm not enabling some kind of habit, so I'm used to it having an effect. But this was something else...it must contain really potent catnip so they'll quite happily cuddle and lick the banana for hours. It's a little bit gross but they're just so happy.
When I'm not baking my cats brains with catnip I like them to have to use their brains to work out how to get treats. This Nina Ottosson Cat Puzzle is a simple little puzzle which involves them needing to move little round shapes around a maze in order to get to treats. It's not too challenging, but makes them work a little bit which is nice to see.

They have a few other 'bigger' toys - another puzzle, a device we have attached to a door frame which the kitties can rub their faces on, and I think we've been quite lucky because they use them all. I know some cats can be quite contrary when it comes to what they'll use/play with. I hope these items have given you some items of how to add some interest to your kitties lives while they're indoors. If you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them...because our cats can never have too many toys, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment