Pages

Wednesday 28 September 2016

Craft Kit Review - Kirstie Allsopp Ring Making Kit

 

Because we're trying to sell our house I've packed away most of my craft supplies, which isn't very helpful when I'm itching to do a bit of relaxing crafting. Craft kits are the obvious solution so I've been keeping an eye out for some kits to try that aren't going to break the bank but will keep me amused.

A little trip to Hobbycraft introduced me to the huge range of Kirstie Allsopp kits they have. I'm sometimes a bit hit and miss with Kirstie products, but these kits all looked gorgeous.

I chose the ring making kit because they looked really easy, and so pretty. The kit was £15.00 in store and I have to say that I'm really impressed with how generous the contents are. Here's what it looks like when you open the box...








..and here are the opened contents. Lots of ring blanks, a paper punch, some glass cabochons, glue and lots of paper.


The kit contains enough ring blanks to make 15 rings...so it's nice and easy to work out that it's £1 per ring. Considering the kit includes a paper punch I don't think that's bad value at all! The allocation of paper and glue is so generous that there will be some left over as well.

Anyway, enough of the finances! The kit and instructions were so easy to use. I haven't tried this kind of jewellery making before and was so impressed by how quick and easy it was. I started off trying rings with the paper included in the kit, which has a lovely vintage look...


 It didn't take long before I was looking around for other materials to try. I'm not a paper-crafter and so don't have a big stash of paper unfortunately, but did make this one using a punch from the instruction leaflet...


Then I had a little flash of inspiration and dug out some old postage stamps I had in my crafting stash. They're all used but most of them are of animals, so before I knew it I was the proud owner of a bear ring and a bird ring...



I've got a few other stamps lined up to use now and can't wait to see how they turn out! I know it sounds daft but I can't believe how simple the rings are to make. Punch some paper, add some glue, add a glass cabochon with a bit more glue and before you know it your fingers are looking a lot prettier!

I was so impressed with this kit. All good quality and not at all stingy. I'll definitely be checking out more of Kirstie's kits so I have a feeling there will be more reviews to come!


Bye for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment