Pages

Saturday 7 November 2015

BEDN - Unusual Hobbies (aka my secret eraser stash of shame)



Today's prompt for Blog Every Day in November is Unusual Hobbies, and the little guy above is a bit of a hint about mine.

As a bit of a crafter I guess I have quite a few hobbies which wouldn't be considered as that unusual. However - I do have another hobby which I guess is a little unusual - I collect erasers (or for the 80's kids of the UK out there - rubbers - a word which has taken on a whole new meaning now)!

My love for stationery in general started when I was about 8 years old, and I don't think there's been a point in my life when it has lessened at all! So now I keep a box of erasers - about 90% of them of animals. I'm always on the look-out for a new eraser to add to the stash. A bit weird, huh?

This is a very tiny selection of some of the newer erasers in my collection...




And then there's all the vintage animals erasers - these were totally the favourite style of eraser for 8-year-old me...


Honestly though - this is the tip of the iceberg regarding my eraser stash - I may have a problem. It's a good job they're tiny and take up no space!

Do you have any 'unusual' hobbies or collections (although I can't help but think that everyone's hobbies are probably considered unusual by other people who just don't 'get' whatever that hobby may be!)?

Right, time to go and browse e-Bay for some more of the vintage erasers of my childhood collection.

Gah! I need help!

Bye for now xx


No comments:

Post a Comment