Pages

Thursday 12 November 2015

BEDN - My Local Area

It can be so easy to take your local area for granted. At first I had to sit for a little while when I saw this blogging prompt, racking my brain for what to write about.

That then led to an aimless browse through the photos on my phone - which was closely followed by the realisation I live on the doorstep of some seriously beautiful sights.

So for this post I thought I'd share a few places that are about 15 minutes from where I live - and I suddenly feel very privileged.

I live in Plymouth, in the South West of the UK. I moved here about 8 years ago but still feel like I'm exploring.

Here are a few of my favourite places...



Burrator Reservoir is my place to go when I feel like I need to get some space. It's a good walk around the perimeter of the reservoir (about 4 miles) and on the right day the views are just stunning. The wildlife is pretty lovely to see - lots of ponies, sheep, deer and some seriously aggressive geese are a common sight.



Aquariums have been on my favourite attractions list from a really young age. I'm just slightly fascinated by the world in the water - it seems so - alien. The National Marine Aquarium is no exception - some beautiful tanks full of slightly magical things. I find it super relaxing so is a place I visit often.



Dartmoor National Park is a breathtaking area of Moorland, perfect for walks to blow the cobwebs away. I've realised that I don't have any photos that do it any justice so I think that means it's time to head out with my camera (I might wait for the rain to stop first!).


...and lastly - Buckland Abbey, which is a National Trust Property. I found it hard to pick a photo for this place, but I'm a little bit in love with this gate. The Abbey itself is just lovely, and has a really interesting history and the restaurant serves a one-pot barbecue bean meal which is to die for! Now I'm a National Trust member (oh my word, I suddenly feel so old) I plan to go there often, so expect more pictures in the future!

...so that's it...although actually it's only really scratching the surface.

I'm feeling inspired to do some exploring xx


No comments:

Post a Comment