Pages

Friday 17 February 2017

That Friday Feeling - Heathens, Hidden Folks and TED talking



This week has been full of relaxation, catching up on my to-do list and spending time with loved ones (ie a week out of the office..hurrah!). Pretty much my perfect week in fact. I'm feeling recharged and ready to tackle some new challenges.

Here are a few things I've been loving this week (not including the lie-ins, lazy breakfasts, long walks and evenings hiding under a blanket while crocheting...they're a given).

What I've been watching...

I like to have background chatter when I'm working or doing little jobs around the house. Recently I've been watching a lot of vlogger videos on Youtube. However - I think I'm not exactly the target demographic for a lot of vloggers and have struggled to find many I connect with (come on thirty-something vloggers...you must be out there). However - this week I've been listening to a lot of the TED talks which focus on psychology and have been loving the fact that they totally tick my 'background chatter' box but they are also incredibly engaging and have taught me a few things too.

My favourite so far has been this talk by Amy Morin on building a stronger mind. Really powerful.



There are so many TED talks on so many different subjects that I feel like I've got hours of entertainment at my fingertips (no more boring washing-up sessions...yay!).

What I've been playing...



I downloaded this game from the app store this week and I'm finding it to be a little joy to play. It's basically a 'Where's Wally' (or Where's Waldo in the States) style game - but with a little point and click puzzle thrown in for fun at certain points. It's not easy...the pictures are all black and white and incredibly detailed, and sometimes the things to look for are literally tiny...but the graphics are so cute and funny, with lots of hidden animations, so it's keeping me engaged. Highly recommend this as a game you can jump into for a few minutes here and there, and after the one-off payment (£3.99) it's not going to keep asking for money like so many of the freemium games.

What I've been listening to...

I watched Suicide Squad for the first time this week...which led me to the soundtrack...which led me to Twenty One Pilots. Love this song so much (and really enjoyed Suicide Squad...although more on that in another post).


I have a weekend of DIY and de-cluttering planned (fun!....well...sort of). Whatever your weekend brings I hope you find some time to do something you love.

Bye for now!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment