Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Tutorial Tried and Tested - Doily Brooch

Today's tried and tested tutorial is for a cute Doily Brooch from Goodknits. I'm still learning how to crochet (and loving every minute) but this tutorial was nice and simple to follow, providing you have an understanding of the basic crochet stitches/ abbreviations. Here's my finished product...

It didn't come out perfect (none of my crochet does!) but I'm really happy with it, will definitely wear it, and learnt a new stitch as it involves the popcorn stitch. I used DMC stranded embroidery thread to crochet with - my first attempt at using a material like this instead of wool, and found it super easy to use. A whole host of new tiny crochet projects using my stash of thread has popped into my head....hurrah!

If you fancy making your own piece of prettiness then head over to the blog here for the tutorial (where you can also see some far neater examples!). I'm planning to make a few more to attach to ribbons and use to decorate parcels.

And here is my new brooch in action today...So fancy!

It requires a 1.75 crochet hook, and the smallest I had to add was a 2mm so it came out a bit bigger than it should be, but pretty none-the-less.

Do you have any favourite crochet tutorials? I'd love to get the links if you do!

1 comment: