Pages

Monday 3 August 2015

Motif Monday - I Am Groot

James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy found a place in my heart after the first viewing - by the third viewing I was pretty sure it was one of my all time favourite films. Seriously. I went to the cinema to see it three times. That's a record for me. As it turns out, the third time was the evening before my (now) husband proposed to me so that has added an extra layer of happy attachment to it.

It's now the films one year anniversary as it was released a year ago in cinemas across the world. In that time - this little big fella has definitely become one of my most loved characters. Quite an achievement for a character who has a three word vocab. I love his sense of family, loyalty and friendship though - and his love of nature. Oh, and his big heroic act (which I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't seen this yet - although - what do you mean you haven't seen it yet? Go watch it. Now!) has me in tears every time. 

So if you're a Groot fan like me here's a little motif you can cross stitch to add some Groot love to the world. I haven't had a chance to stitch him up yet as I've been finishing a project, but I'm hoping to get him stitched up in the next couple of days.

Until then here's the pattern - nice and simple, although with a few half stitches thrown in to give him his shape. He just requires two different browns and a black, so hopefully not too taxing on your floss stash!



If you have any questions about the pattern just let me know. If you use him at all don't forget to post a link to your completed project!

We are Groot!

Happy stitching xx





No comments:

Post a Comment