Pages

Friday 31 December 2010

2010...The year that was

Cabochon images from puglypixel.com. The Blythe, however, is mine (eee!)
Yep, so I blinked and missed 2010. I must have because I truly can't seem to recall what I've done with this year. It hasn't been a bad year...but I can't seem to shake off the feeling that I should be doing more. I guess that's where my resolutions come in. I've been thinking about them for the past week or so (hurrah for time away from the office!) and have done a lot of exciting planning about some of the things I want to do...but more on that tomorrow.

Back in October I made my first post with four simple goals I hoped to achieve by the end of 2010. So how did I do?

1. Start a blog (and perhaps most important - maintain regular posts!) - well I did this...kinda. I at least got as far as starting a blog...further than I've got before. I just need to give it a structure and post more regularly with things that are actually useful/ interesting. The posting I have done has been incredibly fun so it is definitely something I want to do more of.


2. Watch one new film every week - Now this I've done...and because of it I've watched some great films that will be on my ever-growing list of films I adore. Some of the best? (500) Days of Summer, Predators, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, A Christmas Story and Coraline...little gems of magic, every single one


3. Learn to crochet - I can't believe I still haven't done this. I have the book...the hook and the wool but after my first disastrous attempt I haven't had the motivation to go back and try again. However, there are many super cute creatures waiting for me to create them so it's going on my list for next year.


4. Change my surname back to my maiden name - Now this I've done - best decision ever...I still have some places to change my name...but I'm getting there and it feels good 


 

So all in all? Not too bad. My crochet hook is judging me...but that's about it. I'm really looking forward to 2011...I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I think about...possibly because it will be the year of the Rabbit...seriously...fuzzy bunnies...what's not to love?



No comments:

Post a Comment